Those who suffer from mouth ulcer, they actually can do home remedies for mouth ulcers. They just don’t know yet about how to do it. Many people have an experience of suffering from mouth ulcer. Mouth ulcer is not dangerous but it is very annoying, it can make us have difficulty eating, drinking, talking, brushing teeth and even sleeping. Mouth ulcer is really aching. Inside of our cheeks is red with white swollen parts on our gums or on our inside cheeks. Mouth ulcer is also known as Apthous ulcer. It is not contagious and sometimes it can disappear just like that. If it keeps coming back to you, there must be something wrong. Go, see your doctor. May be you still don’t know that there are three types of mouth ulcers.
There are three main types of mouth ulcers:
- Herpetiform. It has nothing to do with herpes virus though.
When we get mouth ulcer sometimes we don’t realize about the symptoms, right? It exists just like that. We realize that it exists when we feel something painful inside our cheeks, or when we brush our teeth and eat. Take a look at the symptoms below.
The symptoms of mouth ulcers:
- You feel pain inside your mouth, to be exact, inside the cheeks, on the tongue, on the gums, and on the soft palate.
- When you open your mouth you will see that your mouth is so red and if you can see the ulcer, the ulcer looks white or grey with red part around it.
As we know that mouth ulcers are various, there are symptoms of something more serious of mouth ulcers, such as the sufferer feels physically weak, feels fever, and has swollen lymph nodes.
Mouth ulcer can disappear just like that without us realizing it. That if the mouth ulcer is mild. Some people will drink a lot of water with medicine we buy from drugstore, especially Chinese medicine made from chrysanthemum. If the mouth ulcer gives you persistent pain, go see your doctor. The doctor will probably prescribe you antimicrobial mouth wash, anti irritation and pain reliever pills, and ointment special to flat the swollen parts. If you don’t want to go to your doctor you can heal mouth ulcer yourself. Go to your kitchen you will find some ingredients to be used as medicine.
Minor type of mouth ulcer home treatments:
- Use honey. All you have to do is dip a cotton bud into the honey and smear it to the ulcer. Honey is antioxidant and antimicrobial. You can also combine honey and coconut milk. The paste of them can be smeared into the ulcer repeatedly. If you want to rinse your mouth with coconut water is also fine.
- Use oil of vitamin E or glycerin and do the same thing like when you use honey.
- Use baking soda. It will help remove bacteria and germ, neutralize acid, reduce inflammation, and get rid of acidic drinks and foods. All you have to do is make a paste by mixing a teaspoonful of baking soda and water. Smear it to the ulcer repeatedly four to five a day. If you just apply the powder of baking soda into the ulcer is also fine, just be careful with the burning sensation that you will get.
- Rinse your mouth with the mixture of two spoonfuls of salt, a warm water, and hydrogen peroxide. Do it twice a day. Don’t let yourself swallow it when you rinse your mouth.
What do you think? The treatments are so simple, right? If you don’t want to get mouth ulcer, you have to drink a lot and don’t eat too much spicy food. Make sure you consume vitamin C as well. It is hoped that the article about mouth ulcer home treatments will be useful for you.